Thursday, April 20, 2006

Interview with Kendall Payne


How did you get started in music?

Singing at church.

How long have you been performing professionally?

I was signed to Capitol Records when I was 17 years old. I think that counts as 'professional'.

What is you motivation for playing professionally?

Knowing how powerful music has moved me in my lifetime, one of my motivations is that I could powerfully move others.

Can you describe your music style for us?

Chick rock.

What are some of your musical influences?

Singer/songwriters... Sarah Mclaughlin, Billy Joel, Tracy Chapman

What inspires you when you write music and lyrics?

Emotion. I feel something, either from a personal situation or as an observer of someone else's situation and I feel strongly about it. Thats where most great melody and lyrics come from for me.

What can people expect from a live performance?

To be impressed :-)

What will someone walk away with after hearing a concert you perform?

I don't know, you'll have to ask them yourself!

What can you tell us about your current project?

I am currently writing for my next project and hope to release it in the next decade, god willing!

What is your opinion of the current state of the music industry?

It's in the toilet. Everyones scared. Decisions motivated by fear are never wise.

If someone is interested in booking you for a performance, what do they need to do?

Send me an email. kendall@kendallpayne.com

Do you have a web presence where people can check out your work?

yeah, www.kendallpayne.com

I thank you for your time.

not a problem!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home